In 2018, taking back the House was the one big way we put a check on Trump and the GOP. And over the next two years, there’ll be lots of key ways to further curb their destructive agenda and restore our democracy: flipping the Senate, defending the House, winning the state-level races needed to ensure fair maps in the 2021 redistricting—and, of course, taking back the Presidency.
Swing Left helps you find the most impactful things you can do to help Democrats win the most important elections. The work defeat Trump and the GOP in 2020 starts NOW—sign up to receive actions you can take as they become available.
To find a Swing Left or other organization in your area click here. https://swingleft.org/
Here are some resources to help get you started:
- Voter Registration By Mail – Learn more about organizing a voter registration letter-writing party and sign up to host one here. Or you can sign up for an upcoming event:
- Super State Canvassing – Here’s our guide for planning a voter registration/vote pledge canvass. Sign up here.
- Debate Watch Parties – Host a watch party for the next presidential primary debates on July 30th or 31st (or any future debate) – here’s a guide. You can post your event here.
- Fundraising – Our fundraising guide is here. Set up your own fundraiser here. Our funds: State Legislative Targets, for the Senate, and for the Democratic Presidential Nominee.
SWING LEFT PIONEER VALLEY CONTACTS
- Help with our upcoming winter fundraiser – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach to Voters via mail – host or attend an event – email@example.com
Local groups mentioned with contact info:
- Valley Action in Amherst – https://www.valleyaction.net
- Left Field, a Swing Left group in the Berkshires – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rise Up Western Mass Indivisible, serving the lower Pioneer Valley – http://riseupwesternmass.com
- Staying Connected in the 413, organizing group with newsletter – https://www.413stayingconnected.org
- Progressive Democrats of America – https://pda-mass.org
Please feel free to follow up with our New England Organizing Coordinator, Susan Labandibar (CC’d), or me with any questions you have. We are looking forward to working with you to end gerrymandering and take back the White House and Senate next year!
Thanks for all you do!
Eastern Field Director | Swing Left